$20 Dollar Venture
A new year is upon us and instead of the same old unfulfilled resolutions; I have decided to move forward on an idea that has been rattling around in my brain for the last year or so. In order to fully understand this experiment you must first understand the basic guidelines that go along with it.
- The initial $20 investment is all I am willing or allowed to make to start this experiment.
- My personal time value of money will not be taken into the equation.
- Any investment vehicle is allowed; well except illegal ones….what kind of moron would blog about those.
- There are no time constraints.
- This is a one shot deal, if the initial investment is lost then so is the blog.
Well with all of the vague details behind us, let’s move forward in starting this thing.
My overall idea was to start with an initial $20 and see how large I could grow it through different investments, trades, sales/resale, flips, and whatever else comes to mind. I am not trying to find a job through this, just keep myself occupied and maybe even learn a few things throughout this endeavor. I will use various sources (websites, books, garage sales, etc.) throughout the process to try to maximize my profits. If anyone is desperate enough to follow I would enjoy your comments and ideas. I will be monitoring progress with monthly posts as well as incremental goals.This is meant to be a fun exercise and the minute it loses that feeling I will pull the plug on the whole project. That being said I am already losing interest…. Just kidding. Monthly postings will allow you to follow me through this process.